25 February 2011

Journey - The Past Month

So, now we're on to current events.  In the past month, we had a new roommate move in.  It was very serendipitous when he answered our ad online.  Right away, Bunny and I talked for over an hour and discovered that we have a lot in common.  Once he did move in, I held back on pursuing anything but a friendship.  "He has a boyfriend and it would be awkward with a roommate." was my mantra.  I met his boyfriend even before he had officially moved in, also very nice and we seemed to get along well.

Then I find out that they met as part of a 'trouple' and are open to polyamory.  I repeated the mantra.  Again and again I repeated it.  Then his boyfriend opened the conversation about dating and seeing where it might lead.  I was ecstatic!  Not only one, but two really nice guys are interested in me.  One of the things that stands out in the conversation was that Puppy (boyfriend) said that "if either of us were single we'd be chasing after you."  That really makes me happy.  There is good chemistry there, a growing friendship, and such potential for happiness.

We are taking the whole experience very slowly.  They have only recently gone through a rather messy breakup with their previous third partner, and are very hesitant.  Puppy is the most wary of getting into a bad situation with poly, so he is "the slowest person" in this new part of the relationship.  He will set the pace, and when he is ready for the next step (and not before) Bunny and I will be ready.

I also need to add that all of us get along very well.  Foxie, Jonny and I are all in agreement that this has good potential for the whole family.  I am truly giggly-happy for the first time in a long time.  Foxie seems happy to see that in me which make the whole situation that much better.

So, the family is (hopefully) growing.  "It's a good thing" as Martha Stewart would say.

1 comment:

  1. pick one... 'cus they're simultaneous!

    squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    shiny!!!!

    ReplyDelete