29 April 2011

Out of the Blue

So, I get to work and there's a voice mail on my work phone from my ex.  It's the only number he has for me, and I am glad.  The ending of our relationship was really messy and I haven't heard from him in 2 full years.  I didn't call back, having no idea what to say.

The following morning, I get 2 more voice mails.  I really don't want to talk to him.  I have a feeling he wants something from me.  Maybe that feeling is because of how much he took advantage during the last 2+ years we were together.  Still didn't call.  Talked to all of my family and some friends to get some support and feedback.  Some say call, some say don't.  It could be a chance for more closure and it could just dredge up issues that I have (mostly) laid to rest.

This morning I get another voice mail.  In the background I hear beeps and boops that sound like a hospital.  Now I really ought to call, but I have no idea what to say after all this time.

What to do, what to do?  I'll post again after I hear.

2 comments:

  1. Gut feeling? Call but from a neutral number with someone in place as support and be ready to hang up if you need to in order to maintain your comfort level. But that's just my feeling off of the bat. This is definitely something that only you can decide. You know if you can handle making that call. If you can, given the background noises & how many times you've gotten calls... yeah, I'd be leaning toward it myself & would call. Just make sure that if you do, you don't do it without support.

    I tell you three times and what I tell you three times is true:
    You are a loving, warm compassionate man. Don't forget it. Ev-ah. I mean that. You are one of the most humane & compassionate men Ive had the pleasure to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I called and had support right there (m' Foxie Boi). He isn't in the hospital, but he is once again jobless, boyfriend-less, homeless, and otherwise about the same as always.
    Fortunately for me, his phone died about 20 minutes into the conversation. I blocked my number when I made the call, so I will be the one to choose to make contact if that happens.-

    ReplyDelete